Five abstract artists I think are fabulous
I Went to Chapter's bookstore on the weekend with my daughter a few weekends back. She hung out and played with all their super new toys and books ( they re-did their kids section, it's great) while I leafed through every art magazine I could get my hands on. Super fun afternoon.
Here are five abstract artist I came across that blew me away....
- Dorothea Van Camp. Wow, drool, drool . Every painting I've looked at so far on her website is so incredibly and awe inspiring. I'm hoping to see her work 'in person' when I am next back east. http://www.unit35.com/
- Katy Kuhn. I actually came across her work outside of SF in a Starbucks years back but was reminded of her work and visited her site recently. Love her abstract landscape pieces: http://www.katykuhn.com/KatyKuhn/abstract+landscapes.html#5
- Michael Adamson. Particularly I was struck by a piece show cased in a magazined called ; " Back from the River" http://www.wellingtongallery.com/Admin/SideMenu/10002.aspx?TopMenuID=10002
- Adele Sypesteyn. Her abstracts are awesome, but be sure to check out her horse photos which are beautiful and worth the look. http://www.sypesteynart.com/Abstracts.htm
- Elizabeth Barber. Particularly I was struck by a piece show cased in a magazined called; " Sun 1" http://elizabethbarberpaintings.blogspot.com/