Deb Chaney is mixing liquid Golden Acrylics with Liquitex Gloss Medium and Varnish and applying this
in many thin layers to create translucent glazing effects you see in many of her Emerging Series works.
Photo by Peter Moraites
On Sunday March 28th from 2-4 pm I will be doing a live in store demonstration on acrylics & acrylic mediums at OPUS Framing and Art Supply on Granville Island in Vancouver, BC. This demo is open to the public, first come for limited seating. Look for me at the back of the store in the paper room.
I will be discussing and demonstrating the following:
- What are acrylics and how do they compare to watercolour paints and oil paints?
- What different types of acrylics exist?
- Health and safety concerns when using acrylics.
- Making sense of the Medium aisle at the art supply store
- Mediums and Additives used with acrylics - the fun begins!
- Varnishing your painting - what to use and why.
- Painting substrates and must have accessories
- Cleaning up
Opus Framing & Art Supplies1360 Johnston Street, Vancouver, BC V6H 3S1
DATE & TIME: Sunday March 28th, 2010 2- 4 pm
it's free! first come first seating available.