Here's some of my Success so far!
1. Got credit card processing. Decided on Intuit services for QB b/c they have remote online terminal access and I can do it all through QB. Yay! This was a big step.
2. Sent art show announcement – next time will use BCC function as suggested by Ann B ( Thank you!)
3. Got an email from a photography student who could take new picts of me in my studio for the brochure and website. WE will meet in August when I get back.:)
4. Reconciled accounts in QB, paid invoices owing.
5. Went through the marketing to do list!
Current To do list that I will look at when I am back from our Canada/Alaska vacation:
- Continue building the new database in ACT!
- Continue uploading images and setting up www.cafepress.com/debchaney to sell prints, posters, mugs and t-shirts based on my art images.
- Research sites for high quality art prints (get site names from Tammi again)
- Make a meeting date with my web woman regarding:New 2007 Raw Expression BrochureWebsites for just art printsCafepress.com – add more images, add more productsHtml newsletter template – either Tam helps me or someone else
- Find someone who can build a CMS (Content mgt system) website for me that I can upload myself. And Overall website update/re-vamp
- Blog thoughts -Put up dashboard ( got the images from Tam, need to upload)Learn how to create side snippets ( really like the favorite books Claudine Hellmuth put on her blog)
Create a blog schedule and decide how many times/week I will add things.
- New 2007 'Raw Expression' Brochure - Choose 8 favourite imagesRe-write Feng Shui and art relative to Raw Expression paintings
- NewsletterKeep adding ideasTalk to Tam about template that mimics websiteFind out where I could get snippet little facts about artThink about different sections to write about: creative inspiration, mixed media painting techniques, events/shows, other.
- Research if I can convert digital images to slides? Find online sight
- Talk to Troy about making a poster with Emerging and Vof H images & ask him about slides.
- Application for 3 art organizations Lana mentioned ( get 2 other apps)
Find out date for entry to SB and LA Art organization
- Call Natural History Museum about Art walk show in September
- Learn how to write a kick-ass query letter to submit to galleries – choose 3 galleries to submit to. Maybe pick up the Artists Market book.
- Organize binder with promotional tools, tips and resources for art marketing.
- Prioritize this list (!) - do on next blog, (OK, list still needs to be prioritized but at least I went through it!)
- Breathe!!! (most important thing here!)